Welcome to Oklahoma City University School of Law Library!
The Oklahoma City University Law Library would like to welcome the Class of 2017! The purpose of this LibGuide is to help first-year law students as they begin their legal education. There are tabs for the Law Library hours of operation, the physical layout, circulation desk policies, student services, databases, legal research training, the Law Library catalog, and resources to help first-year law students, including a list of helpful study aids and law school survival guides.
Image courtesy of the Field Museum Library. "Man in Jungle. 1899."
24 Hour Access
Oklahoma City University Law students have 24 hour access to the Gold Star building during the fall and spring semesters and final exam periods. Law students and other visitors will not have access to the Gold Star Building during inclement weather and other campus-wide closures. The ID card readers and security cameras that make 24 hour access possible were generously funded by President Robert Henry, the Campus Safety and Crisis Management Committee, the Student Service Fee Reserve Fund, and the Law Student Facilities Fee.
· Library services and computer labs are not available except during regular Law Library hours listed at the Law Library website.
· Enter and exit the building after regular Law Library hours by swiping your Oklahoma City University ID. Report any problem you experience with the key-card access function of your Oklahoma City University ID to the circulation desk.
· Only currently enrolled Oklahoma City University Law students are permitted in the Gold Star building after regular Law Library hours. No guests or visitors are permitted after regular Law Library hours. (Law faculty and staff are permitted 24/7)
· Oklahoma City University Law students must have their Oklahoma City University ID cards with them after regular Law Library hours and present the ID card to Oklahoma City University police upon request. Oklahoma City University police will remove any unauthorized persons.
· To report unauthorized persons in the Law Library after hours, or to report any personal or facility-related emergency, please call Oklahoma City University police at 405-208-5911. Courtesy phones on the third floor, second floor, and lower level will dial the Oklahoma City University police directly.
· Be aware of your surroundings when entering and exiting the Gold Star building and when walking on campus. When you swipe your ID card, do not let anyone enter the building with you.
· Oklahoma City University police provide 24 hour on-campus safety escorts. It is recommended that you use this service when walking to and from the Gold Star building. To request a safety escort call 405-208-5001.
· Security cameras have been installed in the Gold Star building and are monitored remotely by Oklahoma City University police.
· Oklahoma City University police will sweep through the Gold Star building periodically after regular Law Library hours.
Additional campus safety tips are available at: http://www.okcu.edu/students/police/escorts.aspx