Locating Available E-books
The law library provides access to select law-related e-books through Ebrary. Ebrary titles are accessible through the Oklahoma City University Law Library's online catalog. (For assistance using the catalog, consult the "Searching the Catalog" LibGuide or speak with a librarian.)
When you have located a book in the catalog, select the link "Click here to access this ebook" and you will then be taken to the Ebrary platform. From here you can view the book directly in your web browser or, in many instances, download the book to your computer or mobile device. If you are off-campus, you will be be prompted to enter your Oklahoma City University network username and password before being redirected to Ebrary.
Law students also have access to the Ebrary titles available through the Oklahoma City University Dulaney-Browne Library by searching Ebrary through Dulaney-Browne's website.
Creating an Ebrary Account
Creating an Ebrary account will allow you to download e-books directly to your computer or mobile device. You will be able to store books with notes during the lending period,.and you may be able to store chapters and certain pages indefinitely.
- Go to your usual ebrary site at http://site.ebrary.com/lib/okculaw
- Click the “Sign In” link at the top right.
- In the window that opens, click the “Create an account” link.
- Follow the prompts to set up your account. (Enter an accurate email; if you forget your password, it can only be emailed to the address on file.)
- Near the bottom, you will need to click to agree to Terms of Service.
- Click the “Create New Account” button.
Downloading Ebrary Titles
Some Ebrary titles, but not all, may be available to download to your computer or mobile device.
For your computer:
To download a book from Ebrary, you will need to download Adobe Digital Editions to your computer and create an Adobe account. After doing this you will be able to download entire e-books for 7 to 14 days, read them offline, and transfer them to your mobile devices. Detailed instructions are available from Ebrary.
For your mobile device:
Depending on your device, you may be able to download Ebrary titles directly to phone or tablet if they are compatible with Adobe's e-book software and have an available application. A list of compatible devices is available from Adobe, and detailed instructions are available from Ebrary.
* The other pages in this LibGuide provide guidance for specific devices and actions. Please contact a reference librarian for further assistance.